Skip to main content

The Silent Patient - By Alex Michaelides


​“Alicia Berenson was thirty-three years old when she killed her husband.”

I read The Silent Patient in a single Sunday; it’s the only book I have ever finished in just a few hours! That’s how gripping it is. It pulls you in from the very first page and doesn’t let go. This was also my first thriller novel, and I truly enjoyed it.

The story follows Alicia Berenson, a successful painter who is accused of killing her husband. After the incident, she stops speaking completely. Her silence becomes a huge mystery and attracts a lot of attention. Theo Faber, a criminal psychotherapist, becomes determined to find out why she stopped talking. He joins the psychiatric facility where Alicia is admitted and tries to help her speak again.

As Theo works with Alicia, secrets slowly start to come out; about her past, her marriage, and even about Theo himself. The story moves between therapy sessions and Alicia’s diary, which keeps building suspense. In the end, there is a shocking twist that changes how you see the whole story.

Overall, it’s a gripping and intense thriller that explores trauma, obsession, and hidden truths. With its unexpected ending and strong storytelling, it keeps you hooked till the very last page.

The moment you read the ending; your mind is blown away!

“We are all liars. We lie to ourselves the most.”

AS: Happy Reading! πŸ˜€

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Madhushala - By Harivansh Rai Bachchan

“Mitti ka tan, masti ka man, kshan-bhar jeevan — mera parichay.” I think most of us have heard of Madhushala since childhood — though many may not have actually read it. I remember watching Amitabh Bachchan recite its verses on award shows, reality shows, and even on KBC. A few years ago, I finally decided to pick up a copy for myself, and to my surprise, I realised it might be the longest poem I’ve ever read — or will ever read. A true gem of Indian literature, Madhushala has 135 verses, each one as thoughtful as the next. Recently, while looking for another book on my shelf, I came across it again, read through a few pages, and felt like sharing it here. Madhushala is one of the most celebrated works in Hindi poetry, written by the legendary Harivansh Rai Bachchan. While it speaks of wine, taverns, and cups, it is not about drinking in the literal sense. These are thoughtful metaphors used to reflect on life, emotions, struggles, and dreams. For Indian readers, Madhushala holds a spe...

The Guava and The Pause

Today, I noticed a man in his early 50s waiting for the metro, chewing slowly and with intent. When he sat inside, I realised what he was enjoying - a big guava. He took generous bites, paused to chew, and let out quiet sighs of contentment. There was a deep sense of satisfaction on his face. It felt like he had momentarily stepped out of the box that corporate life often puts us in- a space where we show up as our professional selves, not always as our most comfortable or real selves. Watching him simply enjoy his guava felt grounding. There was calm, ease, and an honesty in that moment. 17:55 PM | 17th December 2025 ​ AS: Happy Observing!! πŸ˜€ Picture Credit : Pinterest

Awakening the Divine Feminine (The Pancha Prakriti Goddesses) – By Adi Krsna Rama

Lately, I have been listening to a lot of spiritual podcasts on YouTube, and spirituality as a topic has always fascinated me, since childhood. Everyone defines it differently and seeks something unique through it. Maybe this ongoing curiosity led me to this book. Interestingly, this is the only book I have ever bought without any recommendation; no reviews, no prior knowledge, nothing. I just came across it while browsing books on Amazon and instantly felt attracted to it. Sometimes, energies guide you toward certain things, they speak to you, help you make choices—and this book was one of those moments. I am really glad I trusted that instinct. The book explores the divine feminine through goddesses and their energies—how each goddess resides within us, how we can awaken their energies, and how our personalities often resonate their traits. It beautifully reminds us that spirituality is everywhere—in everything we do and everything around us. All it takes is awareness and a willingne...